The selected candidate will focus on steering wheel electronics product development, designing and maintaining mechatronic systems integrating mechanical, electrical, and software engineering principles.
What you’ll do:
- Analysis of customer requirement
- Own the product development of the steering wheel system
- Design and engineer electrical interfaces, HMI, capacitive interfaces, ergonomics, vehicle network communications and material compatibility in addition to other sub-system interfaces within the steering wheel system
- Support software and hardware development teams to ensure ECU implementation meets customer requirements
- Participate and contribute to software code reviews and hardware design reviews.
- Ensure requirements from the customer are properly negotiated and cascaded into the Autoliv product development process and ASPICE base processes.
- Define interface requirements between various sub-systems of the steering wheel in collaboration with other engineering departments.
What is required:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, such as Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years applicable experience.
- 3-5 year experience working with systems integrating electronics and mechanics (i.e. mechatronics or electro-mechanical systems) in a product development role (i.e., design engineer, test engineer)
- ASPICE SYS1 through SYS5 Automotive process (industry standard)
- Basic capability in programming or coding mandatory
- Intermediate to expert capability in MS Office especially Excel mandatory
- Intermediate to expert capability in decomposing customer requirements into system, sub-system, software and hardware requirements
What’s in it for you:
•Attractive compensation package
•Flexible Options (schedule, etc)
•Recognition awards, company events, family events, university discount options and many more perks.
•Gender Pay Equality
Autoliv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Autoliv does not discriminate in any aspect of employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Autoliv does business.