ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Under the direction of an AMG (supervisor) and Process Coordinator/AMT (team lead), safely operate various assigned machines and performs other related operations and tasks in the production of airbags, inflators, or component parts. Supports the team by rotating to different production cells based on business needs.
· Performs repetitive work requiring continuous mental and visual alertness and attention to detail to ensure that a high quality product is produced.
· Applies Autoliv Production System (APS) principles and makes continuous improvement suggestions to improve performance, quality, and/or costs in work area.
· Observes operation of machines and verifies conformance to specifications by using hand gauge measurements and/or visual inspection.
· Follows quality and safety rules and maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition.
· Trains and/or instructs others as required.
· Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
· Ability to maintain a full-time work status.
· Ability to adhere to safety standards and work safely.
· Relieves other employees for breaks, as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
Currently we are hiring temp-to-hire for full and part time positions through Elwood Staffing starting at $16/hr.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions and documents in English such as work instructions, quality and safety rules.
· Ability to write and complete required paperwork.
· Basic mathematical understanding and ability (add and subtract units of measurement)
· Ability to demonstrate good verbal communication skills.
· Must be team-oriented, able to problem-solve and troubleshoot.
· Demonstrated hand dexterity with small objects.
· Excellent attendance and safety record.
· Ability to work overtime as needed
· Ability to stand 8.25 hours per day excluding breaks and lunch.
· Ability to perform continuous upper extremity movement including forward and lateral reaching as parts are assembled (wrist, elbow, and shoulder) throughout the 8.25 hour shift.
· Ability to walk and perform lateral movement (side stepping) throughout the 8.25 hour shift within the production cell.
· Ability to push and pull as required in the assembly of the airbag modules/components (up to 25 lbs) throughout the 8.25 hour shift.
· Ability to pinch and pull material frequently throughout the 8.25 hour shift.
· Ability to carry up to 10 lbs frequently throughout the 8.25 hour shift.
· Ability to perform occasional bending during certain stages of production throughout the 8.25 hour shift.
· Ability to perform occasional shoulder height and overhead reaching throughout the 8.25 hour shift.
Autoliv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Autoliv does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Autoliv does business.