What you’ll do:
- Building and running vehicle interior safety system and restraint component level airbag simulation models to support component research and development for frontal driver/passenger and knee airbags, and potentially side airbags/side curtains.
- Component level airbag model creation and validation, and occupant safety system level model creation and validation.
- Responsible for using DOE methods LS-Opt tool and Altair Hyperworks pre/post processing tools to create component models and conduct optimization or sensitivity studies.
- Debugging models and achieving target correlation level within the project timeline constraints.
- Supporting technical development of the global and regional systems and CAE teams.
- Coordination of offshore simulation resources for component model build and/or analysis and interfacing with local external customers for model delivery and technical support.
- Engineer will work independently and interact with development engineers, system engineers, product engineers, test technicians and external customers
What is required:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Bio-mechanical or Bio-medical Engineering, or Injury Biomechanics with a minimum of 3 years’ related experience.
- Previous experience with automotive restraints modeling is required.
- Experience using Ls-Dyna for restraint system analysis is required.
- Previous experience using Altair Hyperworks is required.
- Previous experience with pre/post processing software such as Primer is required.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills for debugging models and achieving target correlation level within the project timeline constraints.
- Preferred experience in both component and systems modeling.
- Preferred experience in frontal and side crash load cases preferred.
- Preferred experience in problem solving methods and design of experiments.
- Preferred experience in energy management principles.
- Preferred experience in report and presentation writing.
- Minimal travel (domestic / international)
- Willing to work outside of normal business hours.
What’s in it for you:
•Attractive compensation package
•Flexible Options (schedule, etc.)
•Recognition awards, company events, family events, university discount options and many more perks.
•Gender Pay Equality
Autoliv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Autoliv does not discriminate in any aspect of employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Autoliv does business.