Manager - Electronics and Mechatronics
We are seeking an experienced Manager of Electronics Engineering who can supervise the technical disciplines, provide a complete “end to end” leadership perspective and efficiently utilize the related globally distributed execution teams. The selected candidate will be working on a wide variety of technical problems pertaining to the development & launch of electronics within the Steering Wheels and Seatbelt products lines.
What you’ll do:
- Management of the engineering, project management, quality and validation disciplines related to electronics and mechatronics applied to cross function execution teams:
- Budget forecasting/reporting and execution
- Direct technical supervision
- Performance management
- Ensuring robust product function that meets business objectives.
- Technical support to:
- Business development
- The supply chains
- Production launch
- Optimization of engineering processes
- Optimization of organizational strategy
What is required:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, such as Computer, Software, Electronics, Systems, or Mechatronics with a minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Experience with the development of automotive embedded electronic products and the related System, Hardware, Software and Validation disciplines.
- Management experience leading technical disciplines working on “mechatronic” products from development through launch.
- Interfacing with cross-functional execution teams including business development, project management, supply chain management and manufacturing operations.
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with English as the required/primary language.
- A relationship builder adept at interacting with both internal and external stakeholders
- U.S. based OEM electronics development experience in the automotive industry.
- Ability to execute product development & launch according to internal & industry standards.
- Ability to collaborate within a large global automotive first tier organization.
- Functional Safety / ASPICE / Cyber Security
- Modular Electronics Platform Strategies
- Experience in Steering Wheel and Seat Belt related mechatronic systems such as:
- Infotainment / Switching Control
- Motor Drives
- Capacitance Sensing
- Communication Protocols
What’s in it for you:
•Attractive compensation package
•Flexible Options (hybrid work schedule, etc.)
•Recognition awards, company events, family events, university discount options and many more perks.
•Gender Pay Equality
Autoliv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Autoliv does not discriminate in any aspect of employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Autoliv does business.