What you’ll do:
In this role, you will be focusing on steering wheel product development. As a key player, you'll design and maintain mechatronic systems integrating mechanical, electrical, and software engineering principles.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and implement mechatronic systems and prototypes.
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex mechatronic systems, identifying and resolving technical issues.
- Ensure requirements from the customer are properly negotiated and cascaded into the Autoliv product development process.
- Contribute to the design and selection of mechanical components and materials for mechatronic systems.
- Perform system testing and validation to ensure robustness, reliability, and safety.
- Document designs, processes, and outcomes for knowledge sharing and continuous improvement.
- Define interface requirements between various sub-systems of the steering wheel in collaboration with other engineering departments.
- Lead the product development of the steering wheel system.
- Design and engineer electrical interfaces, HMI, capacitive interfaces, ergonomics, vehicle network communications, and material compatibility within the steering wheel system.
- Support software and hardware development teams to ensure ECU implementation meets customer requirements.
- Participate in software code reviews and hardware design reviews.
- Develop product requirements and specifications.
- Develop end-of-line specifications.
- Lead design for manufacturing of the mechatronics system.
- Lead DFMEA and ISO26262 activities.
What is required:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering: Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering
- 10 or more years of related experience
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel
- Ability to decompose customer requirements into system, sub-system, software, and hardware requirements
- Ability to Interpret electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Intermediate capability in data analysis and graphical representation of data
- Intermediate capability in basic electrical equipment such as digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, LCR meters, and data acquisition equipment
- Proficiency in vehicle network protocols such as CAN and LIN
- Understanding of embedded microcontrollers
- Intermediate project management skills (i.e. timing, planning, budgeting, etc.)
- Experience with optics is strongly preferred.
- Capability in programming or coding (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.) is strongly preferred.
- Experience using requirements management tools such as DOORS, Codebeamer, Polarion, etc.
- Experience in Steering Wheel or similar “electrified” interior products is preferred.
- Experience working within GM product development process is preferred.
What’s in it for you:
•Attractive compensation package
•Flexible Options (schedule, etc)
•Recognition awards, company events, family events, university discount options and many more perks.
•Gender Pay Equality
Autoliv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Autoliv does not discriminate in any aspect of employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Autoliv does business.