The Autoliv Logistics Health Safety & Sustainability Engineer with multiple warehousing operations, with primary site being Ogden, Utah, and secondary sites in Columbia City, Indiana, and Olive Branch, Mississippi. Employee will be required to actively identify, control, minimize, mitigate and/or remove risks in site’s day-to-day warehouse operations.
- Lead and develop multi-site warehouses, front-end process engineering events focusing on risk assessment, evaluation of new improvement processes, and review of facility layouts for potential HS&E issues.
- Manage all site safety programs including PPE, Industrial Vehicles (forklifts), LOTO, GHS, etc.
- Manage all safety incidents, investigations, and incident corrective actions.
- Work collaboratively with leaders to identify root cause of incidents such as spills, safety incidents, recordibles and other EHS issues.
- Lead and train Emergency Response Team.
- Conduct routine area safety audits with site leadership team.
- Site representative for any state or federal agency audits including: OSHA, EPA, and UDAQ.
- Manage and input all workplace injury claims, working with WC insurance representative.
- Determines OSHA recordability and maintains the facility’s OSHA required documents, i.e. 300, 300A and 301.
- Responsible for managing the facility’s Workers Compensation, Return to Work and Modified Duty programs.
- Manage all industrial hygiene activities including but not limited to air, noise, hazardous material sampling, Safety Data Sheet (SDS) review and PPE assessments, etc. Assists with Industrial Hygiene Sampling.
- Ensure facility compliance to hot work permitting and communication.
- Conduct safety related trainings, including new hire safety orientation.
- Conduct weekly eyewash station checks and sprinkler systems checklist surveys.
- Conducts hazards and risk assessments (HRA’s), machine guarding, ergonomic and other assessments to make recommendations for corrective actions to control and/or mitigate risk.
- Conduct ergonomic assessments in high-risk areas as needed.
- Conduct Operational Readiness Inspections (ORIs) for new equipment and/or processes installations.
- Develops customized HS&E communications for the facility (e.g., Newsletters, Safety Topic, Safety Alerts, etc.).
- Serves as Health and Safety Management System (HSMS) Coordinator.
- Implement corrective actions to facility risk management audit findings.
- Participate in the facility staff meetings to ensure safety communication to site leadership.
- Communicate all potential SIFs to all Autoliv sites in Americas to ensure corrective action implementation.
- Manage and handle the storage, packaging, and shipments for all recycle scrap and hazard waste shipments for the facility.
- Obtain annual hazardous waste management certification.
- Lead the ISO14001 EMS team as the site EMS representative.
- Manage all waste profiles meet requirements with DOT and the TSDF.
- Manage and conduct environmental sustainability efforts to reduce overall carbon emissions.
Education & Experience Requirements:
Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational Safety, Health, and Environment (OSH&E), Occupational Health or Safety, Health and Safety Management, Environmental Health and Safety or Occupational Safety, Hygiene and Environmental Control.
Minimum of 5 years in role as an HSE professional in a technical environment.
Ability to work on multiple projects and collaborate with various levels of operating to identify and mitigate actual or potential safety risks.
Able to work closely with other operational personnel to solve problems, improve operations and achieve 100% compliance.
Ability to effectively lead and participate in a team environment.
Proven excellent interpersonal and analytical communication skills both written and verbal.
Ability to collaborate effectively with the line organization to drive accountability for safety and zero incident mentality.
Proven excellent organization and time management skills.
Experience reviewing and interpreting industry regulations, regulatory requirements and developing facility strategies to support personnel safety and compliance.
Knowledge of national, state and local HSE regulations and HSE management Systems.
Ability to travel up to 25%
What’s in it for you:
•Attractive compensation package
•Flexible Options (schedule, etc)
•Recognition awards, company events, family events, university discount options and many more perks.
•Gender Pay Equality
Autoliv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Autoliv does not discriminate in any aspect of employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Autoliv does business.