Central Environmental & Safety Engineer
Core Responsibilities for Autoliv Americas Environmental and Safety Engineer for our US/Canada operations. This role is critical in leading and guiding our sites to ensure environmental compliance. Engineer will be located primarily at the Ogden, Utah campus.
At Autoliv, our new Sustainability measures have started and will continue to evolve and mature over the coming years. Being an environmentally responsible company is extremely important to us. We know with proper leadership, we can have a positive impact on the environment and become a world wide leader in environmental sustainability. This role is important to our success and will have the ability to impact Autoliv’s impact.
Environmental and Safety Engineer will have the following responsibilities for US/CAN::
- Responsible for calendaring and coordinating the following:
- all ISO 14001 EMS audits (Internal and External)
- Coordinating schedules with EMS registrar
- Environmental Regulatory audits
- Env. compliance training coordination
- Ensure compliance with all Env. Standards US/Can
- Strong understanding of air permitting, emissions, hazardous waste, waste water, stormwater and associated regulations.
- Familiar with EPA reporting requirement (Tier II, Form R, etc.)
- Environmental Sustainability support including:
- Data validation
- Environmental Data application management
- Ability to lead cross functional teams with strong presentation skills and ability to interact with different levels of the organization.
- Provide leadership with the Environmental Management System (EMS), EMS training to new EMS coordinators with regular updates on EMS to team
- HSE Cross training – HSS Generalist to grow candidate.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Occupational Safety, Health, and Environment (OSH&E), Environmental Health and Safety or Occupational Safety, Hygiene and Environmental Control.
- Minimum of 5 years in role as an Environmental Engineer or HSE professional in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and collaborate with various levels of operating to identify and mitigate actual or potential safety risks.
- Able to work closely with other operational personnel to solve problems, improve operations and achieve 100% compliance.
- Ability to effectively lead and participate in a team environment.
- Proven excellent interpersonal and analytical communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with the line organization to drive accountability for safety and zero incident mentality.
- Proven excellent organization and time management skills.
- Experience reviewing and interpreting industry regulations, regulatory requirements and developing facility strategies to support personnel safety and compliance
- Knowledge of national, state and local environmental and safety regulations
- Experience managing EMS / SMS Systems.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
What’s in it for you:
•Attractive compensation package
•Flexible Options (schedule, etc)
•Recognition awards, company events, family events, university discount options and many more perks.
•Gender Pay Equality
Autoliv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Autoliv does not discriminate in any aspect of employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Autoliv does business.