What you’ll do:
In this role, you will be focusing on steering wheel product development. As a key player, you'll design and maintain mechatronic systems integrating mechanical, electrical, and software engineering principles. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills, be willing to take the lead when necessary to drive change and have a knack for building relationships. This role spans multiple engineering disciplines, including materials, optics, electronics, and mechanics, as steering wheels evolve into complex components of vehicle ADAS and comfort systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and implement mechatronic systems and prototypes.
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex mechatronic systems, identifying and resolving technical issues.
- Ensure requirements from the customer are properly negotiated and cascaded into the Autoliv product development process.
- Contribute to the design and selection of mechanical components and materials for mechatronic systems.
- Perform system testing and validation to ensure robustness, reliability, and safety.
- Document designs, processes, and outcomes for knowledge sharing and continuous improvement.
- Define interface requirements between various sub-systems of the steering wheel in collaboration with other engineering departments.
- Lead the product development of the steering wheel system.
- Design and engineer electrical interfaces, HMI, capacitive interfaces, ergonomics, vehicle network communications, and material compatibility within the steering wheel system.
- Support software and hardware development teams to ensure ECU implementation meets customer requirements.
- Participate in software code reviews and hardware design reviews.
- Develop product requirements and specifications.
- Develop end-of-line specifications.
- Lead design for manufacturing of the mechatronics system.
- Lead DFMEA and ISO26262 activities.
What is required:
A bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a minimum of 3 Years of Experience Requirements in the following:
- Experience working in the automotive industry (OEM, Tier 1 supplier, equipment manufacturer or similar)
- Experience working with systems integrating electronics and mechanics (i.e., mechatronics or electro-mechanical systems) in a product development role (i.e., design engineer, test engineer, etc.)
- Experience working collaboratively with worldwide locations
- Interfacing directly with engineers at automotive OEMs
- Debugging and troubleshooting failed parts
- Developing and negotiating requirements with the customer
- Specifying end of line equipment to ensure all product requirements are tested accurately.
Minimum Technical Skill Requirements:
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel
- Ability to decompose customer requirements into system, sub-system, software, and hardware requirements.
- Ability to Interpret electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Intermediate capability in data analysis and graphical representation of data
- Intermediate capability in basic electrical equipment such as digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, LCR meters, and data acquisition equipment
- Proficiency in vehicle network protocols such as CAN and LIN
- Understanding of embedded microcontrollers
- Intermediate project management skills (i.e. timing, planning, budgeting, etc.)
- Experience with optics is strongly preferred.
- Capability in programming or coding (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.) is strongly preferred.
- Specific experience in various OEM product development systems
- Programming or coding experience with Vector tools and/or Vehicle Spy tools
- Experience with steering wheels, capacitive sensing, and/or in-vehicle electric heating
- Familiarity with MATLAB and or Mathcad
- Familiarity with Optics
- Cradle to grave product development experience
- Experience with requirements management software, (preferred experience with Codebeamer)
- Knowledge of machine learning and artificial intelligence in mechatronics applications
- Hands-on experience with microcontrollers (e.g., Arduino, Raspberry Pi) and PLCs.
- IPC-A-610 Experience
What’s in it for you:
•Attractive compensation package
•Flexible Options (schedule, etc)
•Recognition awards, company events, family events, university discount options and many more perks.
•Gender Pay Equality
Autoliv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Autoliv does not discriminate in any aspect of employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Autoliv does business.