Autoliv is currently looking to fill the role of a Customer Program Manager focusing on Airbags and Seatbelts for our Stellantis customer.
- Lead and manage an assigned team of Project Mangers (US & Mexico) for Stellantis Customer Projects to specified targets.
- Grow / coach / develop project managers to foster a culture of protect the projects mindset, know our financials, and drive accountability and follow up throughout the organization.
- Ensure the department is meeting the internal and external deliverables as required by the program timing schedules, and that the quality of the events is high. Escalate properly with timely communication – recover red projects. (Protect the Projects)
- Drive team to meet or exceed Project Financial Targets and ensure Project Managers follow the “know your numbers” financial culture.
- Communicate with internal and external groups to meet objectives.
- Develop and track annual department budget, and ensure it stays on track.
- Understand the customer(s) vehicle development system and engineering support systems and ensure employees are trained as required in these systems.
- Support the manufacturing organization with information and on-site presence to ensure manufacturability and performance.
- Support the customer for on-site meetings as required to assure satisfaction.
- Support on-going maintenance of the designs for performance and cost reduction activity.
- Interface with Customer Management to drive resolution to issues which are not being resolved at the program level.
- Be a champion for certain Project Management Policy Deployment topics.
- Ensure that the company interests are maintained in all activities.
A Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with minimum 10 years of project management and/or management experience within the automotive safety systems industry is preferred, specifically for Airbags and/or Seatbelts.
Other desired qualifications are:
- 5+ years’ management/leadership experience with excellent track record in product design/development and leadership skills.
- Experience interfacing with internal and external customers globally.
- Previous hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment with ability to provide Plant and Customer support.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, plus proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Responsive and customer-focused with a demonstrated use of professional judgment.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally as required.
- Results-oriented with ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment prioritizing tasks and decisions in a timely manner.
- Detailed-oriented with strong technical and analytical skills with a passion for innovation and continuous improvement.
Autoliv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Autoliv does not discriminate in any aspect of employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Autoliv does business.