Automation Controls Engineer - OTC - REQ 77200
The controls engineer will work directly for the technical support group at the OTC to maintain/improve the new and existing prototype and R&D equipment. The position requires a very good understanding of PLC, PC, and Visual Basics controls logic platforms to be able to support the various production equipment. This position requires the ability to work with other groups within Autoliv to resolve complex and challenging projects. This position is an exempt position that will require, at a minimum, 40 hours at the OTC in support of the production equipment. Deviations to this must be approved by the individual’s direct supervisor or manager. This position is designed to directly support the robotic bag folding initiative within AAM.
- Program and maintain new and existing production equipment at the OTC prototype and R&D facility
- Self-motivated Professional and positive attitude Communicate effectively with team and customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication required for this position
- Directly support the robotic bag folding initiative
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Educational Requrements: College Degree in Engineering (Electronics/Robotics or similar preferred)
- Must speak and write English fluently.
- Years of Experience: 5+ Years of experience prefered.
- Specific job related skills: Excellent working knowledge of PLC, PC, and VB controls logic
- Specific job-related skills: Extensive PC working knowledge a plus.
- Extensive robotic experience and/or training a must
What’s in it for you:
•Attractive compensation package
•Recognition awards, company events, family events, university discount options and many more perks.
•Gender Pay Equality
Autoliv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Autoliv does not discriminate in any aspect of employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Autoliv does business.