Under the direction of the Supervisor, an Automation Engineer will develop code for new machines, assist in the implementation of new machines, modify, and improve existing machine code, and troubleshoot reactive machine problems. You will standardize best practices and work with colleagues to find optimal solutions. Daily tasks will involve robotic applications.
• Able to apply root cause analysis to resolve systematic or reoccurring control issues
• Assist engineering efforts to implement new technology
• Ability to develop Standard code control strategies to improve system utilization and reliability
• Assist Technical Support technicians in training, programming, and troubleshooting production and processing equipment
• Create Automation Standards applicable to current technological environment
• Create and update electrical schematics
• Maintain a clean and safe work area
• Observe all safety guidelines and report safety concerns to management
• Follow all written and verbal instructions
• Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude
• Able to work overtime as needed
• Other duties as assigned
•A bachelor’s degree in automation engineering is preferred. Consideration will also be given to other engineering degrees with previous automation/robotics experience
•The ideal candidate will have experience in control networks including, Ethernet/IP, Device Net
•Familiarity with plant manufacturing systems, electrical/controls technology in production and processing environment, vision and barcode scanning system, Servo Controllers and Servo Systems and analog and digital signals
•Problem solving and analytical skills in areas of control software and programming and control hardware issues
•Background in Robotics Setup, Application and Manipulation
•The ability to create automation standards applicable to current technological environment
•Experience in control programming with PLC Ladder Logic systems preferred – specifically Allen Bradley and General Electric
What’s in it for you:
• Medical, dental and vision insurance.
• Attractive compensation package
•Recognition awards, company events, family events, university discount options and many more perks.
Autoliv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Autoliv does not discriminate in any aspect of employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Autoliv does business.