Job Description and Responsibilities
- Designs and plans layout for material-processing/manufacturing operations.
- Plans sequence of operations and specifies procedures for preparing materials, exercising judgment in resolving conflicts between customer requirements, economic evaluation of methods, and operator effectiveness and comfort.
- Conducts tests and measurements throughout the various stages of production to determine control over variables.
- Services, troubleshoots and solves production process/equipment problems.
- Establishes and submits processing requirements to be met in designing and acquiring processing equipment.
- Provides feedback/recommendations to leadership as appropriate.
- Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality standards and protocol for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials/product.
- Collaborates with other engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
- May specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality.
- Understanding of DOE and SPC concepts.
- Must be competent in the use of SolidWorks CAD.
Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering Degree
Experience may be considered in lieu of a degree under unique circumstances
Autoliv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Autoliv does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Autoliv does business.