Autoliv Inc. is a high-tech, global automotive safety equipment manufacturer. If accepted, you'll help make products which save tens of thousands of lives each-and-every year. While you'll find the technical needs of this position below, your job at Autoliv will be to save lives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supports and ensures the accurate execution of proactive and reactive quality improvement projects
• Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
• Designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis
• Assists in creating engineering documentation and reports such as production part approval process (PPAP), control plans (CP), daily inspection sheets (DIS), temporary process authorization (TPA), AS412 instructions, lot acceptance tests (LAT), and test summary reports.
• Leads root cause analysis efforts and corrective action implementation
• Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards, and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
• Collaborates with other engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
• Assists in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality.
• Has good listening skills. Follows written and verbal instructions.
• Understanding of DOE and SPC concepts as it relates to process control.
• Experience in SolidWorks & AutoCAD is a plus
• Provides feedback/recommendations to leadership as appropriate.
• Experience with pyrotechnics is a plus
• Performs other duties as may be assigned.
• Chemical, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering Degree or equivalent experience. Candidate is actively pursuing a Chemical, Mechanical or Manufacturing Degree.
• Experience may be considered in lieu of a degree under unique circumstances.