Autoliv, Inc., a world leader in development and manufacture of automotive safety is currently accepting resumes for a Process Engineer to provide hands on experience and support in the manufacturing environment at the Autoliv Pyrotechnic Processing Facility in Promontory, Utah. This Facility makes propellants for automotive airbags. Job
Description and Responsibilities
• Provides engineering support for powder processing equipment such as hoppers, spray dryers, tablet presses, filters, blenders, mixers, mills and sieves.
• Services, troubleshoots, and solves production process/equipment problems.
• Manages projects for renovating or upgrading facilities and processes to increase efficiency, reliability, and capacity.
• Specifies new processing equipment.
• Identifies automation opportunities and implements robotic solutions
• Collaborates with other engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
• Knowledge of control systems preferred.
• Understands DOE and SPC concepts.
• Provides feedback/recommendations to leadership as appropriate.
• Pyrotechnic processing and/or powder processing experience is preferred.
• Familiarity with Fanuc robots a plus.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
• Proficiency with AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Minitab (or other statistical software), MS Office, and MS Project
• Must have strong problem-solving skills and familiarity with 8D.
• Must have working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing methods and familiarity with Leading2Lean or equivalent.
• Must have basic knowledge of PLC’s.
• Strong electrical troubleshooting skills
• Must have integrity (accountability, keep commitments, etc.) and produce quality results.
• Must have ability to lift 40 lbs. Must be able to climb ladders to access remote parts of buildings and processes.