SCADA Systems Engineer
As a leading provider of automotive occupant safety solutions, the Autoliv Promontory Facility is searching for exceptional applicants who are looking to share our passion for preserving the security and well-being of automotive passengers, while broadening their capabilities. We are currently seeking a Systems Engineer who will help ensure that we remain a clear market leader in the automotive safety industry.
- Under the direction of the Department Manager, the System Engineer researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies systems and/or applications software.
- Builds and maintains interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system.
- Creates new software and maintains / upgrades existing software
- Creates / maintains system documentation
- Works closely with Process, Quality, and Controls Engineers to verify functionality and process compliance
- Owns and resolves technical issues
- Meets software compliance standards
- Supports on and off hours calls, driving towards root cause identification and elimination
Experience and Qualifications:
- Required - a bachelor’s degree in a related field (Preference will be given to candidates who have successfully completed a degree in Systems or Software Engineering).
- Three to five years’ work experience is preferred
- Proven experience with Oracle and DB2 databases
- Proficient with Ignition SCADA Systems
- Proficient with Python and SQL
- Proficient at producing software and programs that require minimal modification after implementation
- Knowledge of systems integration (PLC, OPC, IoT)
- Ability to quickly react and solve various types of problems related to software (communication, permissions, etc.)
- Knowledge in Programing Languages (Java, Power Builder 3GL or 4 GL experience)
- Excellent understanding of Windows operating system(s)
- Working knowledge of networks and networking Additional Requirements
According to the Safe Explosives Act of 2002, it is unlawful for certain persons to ship, transport, receive, or possess explosive materials. Therefore, you will be required to be a US Citizen or a lawful permanent resident. Must have ability to lift 30 lbs. Must be able to climb ladders and stairs to access remote parts of buildings and processes.
- Research, Development & Engineering
- Promontory (PRO)
Workplace & Culture
We strive to save more lives and prevent serious injuries, and we continuously focus on quality, confidence and security for our customers, stability and growth for our shareholders and employees, as well as being sustainable and earning trust within our communities.
About Autoliv United States
Autoliv is the world's largest automitive safety supplier, with sales to all major car manufacturers in the World. Our more than 67,000 Associates in 27 countries are passionate about our vision of Saving More Lives.
SCADA Systems Engineer
Loading application form