As a leading provider of automotive occupant safety solutions, Autoliv North America is always searching for exceptional men and women who are looking to share our passion for preserving the security and well-being of passengers, while broadening their capabilities. We are currently seeking an Automation Controls Engineer who will help ensure that we remain a clear market leader in the automotive safety industry.
We are currently seeking an Automation Controls Engineer who will help ensure that we remain a clear market leader in the automotive safety industry.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
• Analyze, research, design, develop and test our equipment, materials and processes.
• Devise modeling and measuring techniques, troubleshoot machine control problems and facilitate software and process design that satisfies customer needs.
• Solid knowledge of mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods and other principles of science and physics.
• Create PLC and HMI programs, create hardware designs and modifications.
• Knowledge of general programming practices.
• Ability to understand and create electrical / controls drawings.
• Excellent computer skills, must work well with others in a team setting.
• Understanding existing processes and improving utilizing controls "tools" to automate.
• Willingness to learn and become proficient with all aspects of control engineering job functions.
• Completing assigned work orders, which define specific tasks.
• Knowledge of Allen Bradley RS Logix 5000 and RS View Studio. • Knowledge of hardware devices: relays, VFD’s, sensors, basic controls devices.
To qualify for our Automation Controls Engineering position, you must have:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, electrical engineering technology and or must be currently attending college as a senior and graduating in the spring.
• Background in control networks, including Ethernet/IP.
• Familiarity with plant manufacturing including, electrical / controls technology in a production and processing environment, RS232 and RS485 protocol, vision and barcode scanning systems.
• Experience in Automation Controls Programming experience with PLC Ladder Logic Systems and HMI.