Maintenance Automation Technician - D Shift
D Shift - Thurs, Fri, Sat & Every Other Wed 5:15pm to 5:30am
Autoliv, Inc., a world leader in development and manufacture of automotive safety is currently accepting resumes for an Automation Tech at the Autoliv Promontory Facility in Promontory, UT.
This person will support the Promontory Facility with installations and maintenance of mechanical systems. Modifies and aids in the creations of standards for equipment pneumatic, hydraulic and machinery design.
• Performs installations, repairs and maintenance on production machines and equipment.
• Performs work in one or more of the maintenance trades: equipment repair, electrical, and/or automation maintenance.
• Conducts routine periodic, or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns on machines and/or equipment.
• Services, troubleshoots and solves production / process equipment problems.
• Creates and issues trouble-shooting guides, PM instructions, and technical work instructions.
• Works closely with operators and engineering teams to provide feedback and reduce machine downtime.
• Documents all maintenance activity and assists with root-cause analysis and other downtime reduction activities.
• Maintains ability to work a full-time schedule.
• Maintains ability to work safely and adhere to all safety standards including LOTO.
• Ability to read schematics on hardwire / relay logic, controls –PLC and industrial PC.
• Ability to be flexible and be able to respond to critical machine down time calls as needed during off shifts, evenings and weekends. Being able to stand for long periods of time and able to work in hot and cold environments.
Minimum Job and Education Requirements:
• 2-year vocational certificate in Automation Maintenance.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience as a maintenance technician in a large and fast paced manufacturing facility.
• According to the Safe Explosives Act of 2002, it is unlawful for certain persons to ship, transport, receive, or possess explosive materials. Therefore, you will be required to be a US Citizen or a lawful permanent resident.