Autoliv Inc. is a high-tech, global automotive safety equipment manufacturer. If accepted, you'll help make products which save tens of thousands of lives each-and-every year. While you'll find the technical needs of this position below, your job at Autoliv will be to save lives.
Application Engineer will work in the Inflator-E Engineering group.
- Work with a cross-functional team to develop basic data and release drawings, reports, specifications (including DFMEA and DVP&R) and other relevant engineering documents as necessary to define design concepts.
- Investigate design factors such as: manufacturability, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replaceability, strength-weight efficiency, specification requirements, and cost.
- Review and release drawings of assemblies and components. Verify clarity, completeness, conformity to standards and specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
- Verify product performance through analysis and testing, identify product non-conformances, design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommend revisions and/or improvements.
- Support AS7 Change Management with testing and/or review of testing from each region.
- Champion 1P1P and standardization as product GDA and GPM Leader.
- Provide LDA local support for product launched at local inflator plant (IBC).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Educational Requirements: BS Mechanical Engineering or BS Chemical Engineering.
- Years of Experience: 0-10.
- Experience with customer, component and inflator assembly qualification beneficial.