Autoliv is currently searching for an Innovation Buyer for Electronics/Driver Unit that will be located at our Technical Center in Auburn Hills, Michigan. As Innovation Buyer for the Electronics/Driver Unit area, you are responsible for identifying and managing supplier and partner involvement in advanced development phases for innovation and design optimized for quality, product cost and efficient supply chain solutions. You will focus on new functions and components that represent a technological challenge or high level of innovation. This position reports to the Global Supply Chain Management organization for Innovation.
Your main responsibilities:
- Responsible Buyer in advanced engineering and development projects for the Driver unit and Electronics area.
- Scout key suppliers and partners for collaborations on new technologies and innovations, supporting our technology road map and supply chain strategy for driver unit/electronics development.
- Manage supplier involvement in concept development phases including contract management, technical feasibility assessment, early cost estimates and RFQs.
- Coordinate the supply chain activities and key competencies such as supplier quality, cost engineers, segment buyers and logistics to support the development activities.
- Support and actively contribute to the advanced development work. Ensuring strong collaboration with the global development teams and key suppliers.
- Support first market launch of new developments and innovations.
- Travel will be required as needed.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in Engineering or related area with a minimum of 5 years' related work experience
- A background in Electronics with a high level of technical experience
- Experience with purchasing and supply chain management responsibilities
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong ability to collaborate both in cross-functional projects and with key stakeholder in our global supply chain organization such as segment buyers and cost improvement teams.
- A strong business mindset with contract and risk management competencies.
- Ability to be creative and curious to explore and benchmark new technologies and new ideas for innovation, to navigate in an area where all the structures are not yet set.
- Ability to structure and organize your work to successfully manage both strategic and operational perspectives to achieve goals.
- Fluent in English with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to travel as required.