Autoliv is currently looking to fill the role of an Engineering Technician at our Technical Center in Auburn Hills, MI. The role will focus on aiding Engineers and Project Managers with task-focused deliverables related but not limited to:
- Support Engineering and Program Management with technical level work.
- Create test plans.
- Submit requests.
- Aid with builds.
- Track test progress.
- Coordinate, part ordering, inventory, sample requests, build, traceability, modification, distribution and analysis of test parts.
- Highlight opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Sample measurement (inertia, density, mass, gaps, etc.)
- Assist Engineers with inventory control, purge dates and deliverables such as stack-ups, drawing changes, DFMEA, DVP&R, Test Reports, etc.
- Interface with Engineering systems to pull BOMs, print drawings, review parts.
A High School diploma with a minimum of 1-year relevant experience is required. An Associate Degree in Engineering is preferred. Currently, enrolled in school for Bachelor’s in Eng. and/or Business is also a plus, but not required. Other desired qualifications include:
- Experience working with automotive product development and/or manufacturing safety, cosmetic and structural components.
- Possess strong aptitude for building and repairing mechanical or electrical devices.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office with ability to quickly become proficient user in Autoliv systems.
- Must have good interpersonal skills to effectively work cross-functionally.
- Ability to support activities to meet the demands of internal and external customers on time.
- Ability to organize work efficiently and manage time to complete all tasks assigned.
- Ability to work within project teams meet program goals and share lessons learned.
- Willingness and eagerness to be flexible, learn and be a team player.