Autoliv, Inc., a world leader in development and manufacture of automotive safety is currently accepting resumes for a Process Engineer in the Tech Support Group at the Autoliv Module Facility in Ogden, UT.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs and plans layout for material-processing/manufacturing operations.
- Plans sequence of operations and specifies procedures for preparing materials, exercising judgment in resolving conflicts between customer requirements, economic evaluation of methods, and operator effectiveness and comfort.
- Conducts tests and measurements throughout the various stages of production to determine control over variables.
- Services, troubleshoots and solves production process/equipment problems.
- Establishes and submits processing requirements to be met in designing and acquiring processing equipment.
- Provides feedback/recommendations to leadership as appropriate.
- Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality standards and protocol for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials/product.
- Collaborates with other engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
EDUCATION and SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering Degree. Experience may be considered in lieu of a degree under unique circumstances.
- Process Control and setup experience with PLC Ladder Logic systems preferred.
- May specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality.
- Understanding of DOE and SPC concepts.
- Must be competent in the use of SolidWorks CAD.
- Familiarity with plant manufacturing systems, electrical/controls technology in a production and processing environment, RS232 and RS485 protocol, vision and barcode scanning system, Servo Controllers, Servo Systems, analog and digital signals.