- Act as the design engineer in developing airbag modules and subcomponents that will meet customer and Autoliv expectations.
- Work with a cross-functional team to develop basic data and release sketches, and notes, specifications (including DFMEA, DVP&R and other relevant engineering documents) necessary to define design concepts.
- Investigate design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replace-ability, strength-weight efficiency, and specification requirements and cost.
- Release drawings of complex assemblies, parts, mechanisms, and structures.
- Check drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
- Verify product performance through analysis and testing, identify product non-conformances, design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommend revisions and/or improvements.
- Direct customer contact
- Gathers, maintains, formats, compiles, and manipulates technical data
- Conducts tests -including set up and tear down, data acquisition and storage
- Facilitates and expedites the design and development process as needed
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
* BS Mechanical Engineering Degree from an Accredited University
* Experience in design and development of mechanical components is beneficial
* Japanese or Spanish is a plus