As a leading provider of automotive occupant safety solutions, Autoliv North America is always searching for exceptional men and women who are looking to share our passion for preserving the security and well-being of passengers, while broadening their capabilities.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
As Automation Controls Engineer, you will analyze, research, design, develop and test our equipment, materials and processes. You will devise modeling and measuring techniques, troubleshoot machine control problems and facilitate software and process design that satisfies customer needs. This role requires a solid knowledge of mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods and other principles of science and physics.
To qualify for our Automation Controls Engineering position, you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field.
- Experience may be considered in lieu of a degree under unique circumstances.
- Background in control networks including, Ethernet/IP, DH+, DeviceNet, GPIB and Profibus.
- Familiarity with plant manufacturing systems, electrical/controls technology in a production and processing environment, RS232 and RS485 protocol, vision and barcode scanning system, Servo Controllers and Servo Systems and analog and digital signals.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills in areas of control software and programming and control hardware issues.
- Strong Background in Robotics Setup, Application and Manipulation.
- The ability to create automation standards applicable to current technological environment.
- Five years of Automation Control Programming experience with PLC Ladder Logic systems preferred.
Autoliv is committed to sustainability as expressed in four categories: Innovate life-saving products, commit to our employees by respecting human rights, diversity, and health and safety, limit our impact on the environment and act ethically and commit to society.
Autoliv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Autoliv does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Autoliv does business.