Electronics Quality Engineer
Autoliv is seeking an Electronics Quality Engineer primarily focusing on quality planning, root cause analysis and managing quality systems for Autoliv’s embedded electronics systems. The steering wheel has evolved from a very basic HMI to a complex portion of the ADAS and comfort systems of a vehicle with integrated electronics modules. In addition, the ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, willing to take the lead when necessary to drive change and be a relationship builder.
The selected candidate will be working with both the steering wheel cross functional teams (CFT) and core electronics & mechatronics (AEM) engineering at Autoliv. The selected candidate will lead Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) activities with Electronic Manufacturing Suppliers (EMS). The selected candidate will also lead the quality planning activities with Autoliv’s customers to ensure customer specific quality activities managed properly.
- Lead APQP activities for all Electronics Manufacturing Suppliers (EMS)
- Lead 8D and problem-solving activities for electronics related issues
- Ensure compliance to IATF 16949 requirements and other industry standards
- Perform supplier and internal audits
- Define supplier PPAP requirements and track compliance
- Lead implementation of supplier change requests
- Participate in rating systems for suppliers
- Responsible for usage of customer quality portals
- Ensure proper deployment of Autoliv quality standards
- Drive issues to closure
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, such as Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Intermediate experience with electronics manufacturing processes
- Advanced experience with APQP for electronic control modules
- Intermediate experience with automotive development processes
- Intermediate experience performing quality audits
- Intermediate experience managing quality systems
- Higher education in quality systems
- Experience working in the automotive industry (OEM, Tier 1 supplier, equipment manufacturer or similar)
- Experience onboarding new suppliers
- Experience working collaboratively with worldwide locations
- Experience as quality planner for ECUs
- Experience as supplier quality engineer for ECUs
- Specific experience in various OEM quality systems
Certifications/Accreditations - Ideal but not required:
- VDA auditor
- APQP/PPAP certification by AIAG
- Research, Development & Engineering
- Auburn Hills Technical Center (ATC)
Auburn Hills Technical Center (ATC)
Workplace & Culture
We strive to save more lives and prevent serious injuries, and we continuously focus on quality, confidence and security for our customers, stability and growth for our shareholders and employees, as well as being sustainable and earning trust within our communities.
About Autoliv United States
Autoliv is the world's largest automitive safety supplier, with sales to all major car manufacturers in the World. Our more than 67,000 Associates in 27 countries are passionate about our vision of Saving More Lives.
Electronics Quality Engineer
Loading application form