Systems Engineer - ATC (54772)
Autoliv is seeking a Systems Engineer who will primarily focus on steering wheel product development at its Technical Center in Auburn Hills MI. The steering wheel has evolved from a very basic HMI to a complex portion of the ADAS and comfort systems of a vehicle. The design of a steering wheel requires a diversely skilled engineer that spans a breadth of engineering disciplines including materials, optics, electronics and mechanics among others. In addition, the ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, willing to take the lead when necessary to drive change and be a relationship builder
- Working with both the Steering Wheel Cross Functional Teams (CFT) and core electronics & mechatronics (AEM) engineering at Autoliv.
- Participating in product launch activities including product development, prototype and validation of new functions.
- Working on a wide variety of technical problems and systems pertaining to the integration of switches, capacitive touch sensing, heating, lighting, wiring harnesses, and other steering wheel subsystems and components.
- Utilize industry standard system engineering principles to create system architecture diagrams.
- Decompose and allocate system level requirements into relevant sub-systems.
- Work with customer to collect and refine requirements.
- Guide test team in test creation to accomplish definition of done.
- Collect and manage of customer documents.
- Exchange and update of customer documents/ customer requirements.
- Establish bidirectional traceability between stakeholder & system requirements.
- Review of test cases created for validation of acceptance criteria.
- Release software to customer(Bench, samples and vehicles), including acceptance test.
- Roadmap Planning & schedule development – Feature by Phase Plan.
- Risk Analysis.
- Main Customer interface and share progress with stakeholders.
- Own the product development of the steering wheel system.
- Ensure requirements from the customer are properly negotiated and cascaded into the Autoliv product development process.
- Work with other engineering departments to define interface requirements between the various sub-systems of the steering wheel.
- Design and engineer electrical interfaces, HMI, capacitive interfaces, ergonomics, vehicle network communications and material compatibility in addition to other sub-system interfaces within the steering wheel system.
- Support software and hardware development teams to ensure ECU implementation meets customer requirements.
- Participate and contribute to software code reviews and hardware design reviews.
- Develop product requirements and specifications.
- Domestic and international travel to suppliers, customers and manufacturing operations (10-20%).
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, such as Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering with over 5 years of related experience
- Basic capability in programming or coding
- Intermediate to expert capability in MS Office : Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Intermediate to expert capability in decomposing customer requirements into system, sub-system, software and hardware requirements
- Intermediate experience in agile development processes
- Advanced capability with requirements management tools such as IBM DOORS, Codebeamer or similar
- Intermediate experience with system architecture tools such as Enterprise Architect
- Basic capability in basic electrical equipment such as digital multimeter, oscilloscopes, LCR meters and data acquisition equipment
- Advanced experience with vehicle network protocols such as CAN and LIN
- Advanced understanding of embedded microcontrollers
- Intermediate project management skills (i.e. timing, planning, budgeting, etc.)
- Experience in various OEM product development systems
- Programming or coding Vector tools and/or Vehicle Spy
- Experience with steering wheels, capacitive sensing and/or in-vehicle electric heating
- Experience with MATLAB, Mathcad
- Cradle to grave product development experience
- Research, Development & Engineering
- Auburn Hills Technical Center (ATC)
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Auburn Hills Technical Center (ATC)
Workplace & Culture
We strive to save more lives and prevent serious injuries, and we continuously focus on quality, confidence and security for our customers, stability and growth for our shareholders and employees, as well as being sustainable and earning trust within our communities.
About Autoliv United States
Autoliv is the world's largest automitive safety supplier, with sales to all major car manufacturers in the World. Our more than 67,000 Associates in 27 countries are passionate about our vision of Saving More Lives.
Systems Engineer - ATC (54772)
Loading application form