Autoliv, Inc., a world leader in development and manufacture of automotive safety products is currently accepting resumes for an Environmental Engineer at the Autoliv Promontory Facility in Promontory, UT.
• Lead environmental, health, and safety compliance activities.
• Minimize safety incidents through implementation of proactive and innovative programs. Develops data tracking mechanisms and maintains data to keep the facility’s visual safety management programs current.
• Advises plant management on proactive and reactive safety initiatives. Conducts job safety analysis, machine guarding, ergonomic and other assessments to make recommendations for corrective actions to mitigate risk.
• Works closely together with plant, operations and facility managers to actively identify, control, minimize, mitigate and/or remove risks in site’s day to day operations.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Maintains records on regulatory and non-regulatory health and safety inspections and correspondences. Assist in completing OSHA recordkeeping requirements and federal/state mandated filings. Collect data and prepare environmental, health and safety reports, such as air emissions, hazard waste, storm water, tier II and accident/incident reports.
• Participate in and facilitate HS&E audits, front-end process engineering events focusing on risk assessment, evaluation of new processes, and review of facility layouts for potential HS&E issues.
• Possess analytical and logical problem solving results.
• Flexibility to perform various tasks to support the business.
• Strong computer skills in excel, Microsoft word and other software to help with gathering and collecting data.
• Be familiar with good knowledge of chemistry. • Collects field data, uses equipment and instrumentation.
• Interprets data and test results; with experience, may write complete reports.
• Knowledgeable in all State and Federal environmental policies.
• Self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Minimum Education Requirements:
• BS or MS in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related technical field.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in safety, industrial hygiene and or environmental areas.