Position Summary: Application Engineer working on airbag projects through all phases, in the Autoliv Toyota Business Unit
• Lead engineering activities including design, assembly, testing and modification of automotive airbag modules, while applying and following internal Autoliv standards as well as external customer requirements
• Create and execute validation/verification testing to demonstrate Autoliv and customer specification
• Communicate with customers and suppliers to meet design requirements in a timely and cost-effective manner
• Works with a cross functional team to develop basic data and release sketches, and notes specifications (including DFMEA, DVP&R and other relevant engineering documents) necessary to define design concepts.
• Releases drawings of complex assemblies, parts, mechanisms, and structures. Checks drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
• Tear down and analyze live / deployed airbag modules and components
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
• Mechanical Engineering Degree (BSME) or equivalent.
• Must be able to use computer software such as Excel, Word, Power Point
• CAD Solid works / CATIA V5 / DraftSight are preferred
• Mechanical behavior knowledge of metals, thermoplastics, and textiles. Predict and identity failure modes, and determine safety factors of established design
• Must have strong engineering and communication skills, be able to work with little supervision, have a good work ethic, be a team player, follow-through on commitments, have design aptitude, be a visual thinker, be detail oriented, and have an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Experience with automotive customers / airbag engineering / Japanese or Spanish are a plus.
• Experience (Ansys, LS Dyna) static linear/non-linear analysis, dynamic non-linear analysis, model/natural frequency analysis is greatly desirable
• Experience working in a production / manufacturing environment is desirable