Autoliv in Ogden, UT is currently looking to fill the role of an Application Engineer for its EV Business Unit. This role entails working closely with engineers from multiple departments within Autoliv and directly with the customer (Tesla). Engineer must be a motivated, self-sufficient, results-oriented professional who can meet program needs and Company objectives while meeting sales and project deadlines.
*Ogden, UT is preferred, but candidates may also be considered for its location in Auburn Hills, MI.
- Responsible for the application-level design and development of Passenger and Knee Airbag projects including directing design team to properly package product in CAD vehicle environment, releasing BOM’s and drawings, testing, and product validation.
- Primary technical interface to project manager and internal and external customers.
- Prepare and develop technical presentations for Design Reviews, Tollgates and Line Design Workshops.
- Coordinate design development in accordance with the Autoliv Product Development System (APDS) to meet all critical customer and manufacturing milestones.
- Coordinate and lead all required tolerance stack-ups and design studies to ensure proper interface with vehicle environment.
- Prepare and maintain robust engineering documents including DFMEA, DVP&R, Design Guidelines Document (DGD) and drawings.
- Support all prototype part builds both internally and at the customer, as required.
- Cross-functional team member supporting all applicable internal departments including design, manufacturing, purchasing, quality, program management and suppliers to ensure a successful program launch.
- Coordinate all testing and production validation to meet occupant injury and product performance criteria per established Autoliv, customer and/or governmental requirements
- Support customer engineering and manufacturing plants as required.
- Adhere to all applicable Autoliv and customer standards and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering – Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, etc.
- 3-5 years of related experience working in the automotive industry
- Previous Restraints experience is preferred
- Passenger and Knee Airbag experience is a plus
- DFMEA / DVP&R / DRBFM / DRBTR experience
- Should possess a strong attention to detail and desire to work in a demanding, fast-paced work environment
- Must be results-oriented with the ability to support cross-functional local and global teams
- Detail-oriented with the capability to dig into data and prioritize tasks and decisions in a timely manner
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- English required, Spanish and Mandarin a plus