Autoliv Inc., a world leader in the development and manufacturing of automotive safety equipment, is currently accepting resumes for a Sustainability Engineer at the Promontory Facility.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Acts as a sustainability engineer for a pyrotechnic manufacturing site with 84 buildings and structures. The sustainability engineer is responsible for energy efficiency improvements to plant steam, plant air, facility infrastructure, manufacturing processes, wastewater processing, and HVAC.
- Develops site strategy and plan to achieve corporate goals of carbon neutrality by 2030 and net-zero emissions across the supply chain by 2040.
- Develops and implements plan to reduce/eliminate natural gas consumption.
- Develops and implements plan to shift power generation to renewable sources, including solar power
- Develops and implements plan to use electricity more efficiently
- Works with plant management to rethink facility layout and HVAC plan to reduce energy consumption
- Implements facility wide utility monitoring program
- Converts vehicle fleet from fossil fuels to electric power
- Coordinates work with regional and corporate management
- Acts as a lead engineer for industrial wastewater processing.
- Identify and implement ways to reduce energy consumption
- Works with process engineers to make energy efficiency improvements to established manufacturing processes.
- Works with plant environmental engineer to support ISO 14001 goals
- Familiar with applicable codes and regulations such as NFPA, NEC, and DoD.
- Reads, understands, and redlines blueprints and wiring diagrams.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred
- 3-5+ years’ experience preferred
- Proficiency with CAD, MS Office, and MS Project
- Must have strong problem-solving and project management skills
- Must have strong knowledge of Lean Manufacturing methods and familiarity with Leading2Lean.
- Must have basic knowledge of PLC’s.
- Must have integrity (accountability, keep commitments, etc.) and produce quality results.
- Must have ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to climb ladders to access remote parts of buildings and processes.