Quality Engineer Supervisor:
Provides leadership to the quality staff for the assigned location and is critical in ensuring the skills and competency of direct reports are developed and continually improved. The position is accountable to improve safety, product quality, the manufacturing processes, and customer service levels of the facility to support the growth of the facility.
• Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality standards and protocol for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials/product.
• Collaborates with other engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
• Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
• Designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
• Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
• May specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality.
• Monitors daily operations of a unit (work team) and actively assists or provides direction to team members as required utilizing established policies and procedures.
• Handles employment issues where job action (such as formal discipline) may result, involving management and/or Human Resources as appropriate. Minimum Education Requirements Bachelor of Science degree, preferably in Quality, Mechanical, or Manufacturing, Engineering, Operations Management or related field strongly desired or equivalent related experience required.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Supervisory experience in a manufacturing role is preferred.
• Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts and their application in a production environment, including experience in converting from traditional manufacturing to Lean principles (scheduling, reduction of cycle time, visual metrics, flow and load balancing preferred) and methodology is strongly desired.
• Proven experience in managing safety and environment, production efficiency, visual management, manufacturing systems, equipment utilization, delivery performance, product quality, budget and cost controls is strong desired.
• Adept in using PC tools including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project. Proven problem-solving skills.
Autoliv is committed to sustainability as expressed in four categories: Innovate life-saving products, commit to our employees by respecting human rights, diversity, and health and safety, limit our impact on the environment and act ethically and commit to society.
Autoliv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Autoliv does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Autoliv does business.