Autoliv, Inc., a world leader in the manufacture of life saving devices, is currently accepting applications for a paid, full-time engineering internship for the summer of 2022 at Autoliv’s Tremonton Manufacturing Facility (ITO) located in Tremonton, Utah.
Interns will be working with experienced engineers to develop and improve current airbag module components, designs, and assemblies. The intern will be required to build airbag modules and components, perform tests, perform functional and engineering analysis, design components and/or fixtures, collect data, write test reports, prepare and make development presentations under supervision from current engineers. Successful applicants must have strong analytical and communication skills. Must be able to work with minimal supervision, have a good work ethic, and be a team player.
Position requires follow through on commitments, and a strong attention for details. Candidate must have the ability to prioritize, and manage multiple tasks.
• May design and plan layout for material-processing/manufacturing operations.
• May plan sequence of operations and specifies procedures for preparing materials.
• Exercising judgment in resolving conflicts between customer requirements.
• Economic evaluation of methods, and operator effectiveness and comfort.
• May conduct tests and measurements throughout the various stages of production to determine control over variables.
• May service, troubleshoot and solve production process/equipment problems.
• Provides feedback/recommendations to leadership as appropriate.
• May develop, modify, apply and maintain quality standards and protocol for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials/product.
• Collaborates with other engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
• May devise and implement methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
• May design or specify inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment; may conduct quality assurance tests; and perform statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
• Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
• May specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality.
• Have good listening skills. Follow written and verbal instructions.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Educational Requirements: Preferred candidates will be in their junior or senior year pursuing a technical engineering (mechanical, electrical or chemical preferred) at an accredited university.
Autoliv is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Autoliv does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Autoliv does business.