As a leading provider of automotive occupant safety solutions, the Autoliv Promontory, Facility is searching for exceptional men and women who are looking to share our passion for preserving the security and well-being of passengers, while broadening their capabilities. We are currently seeking an Automation Controls Engineer Intern who will help ensure that we remain a clear market leader in the automotive safety industry.
The Control Engineer Intern will provide task / project assistance to Control Engineers. This internship is a great opportunity to gain experience in manufacturing automation and maintenance.
The intern will benefit from hands on exposure to PLC and HMI (Human Machine Interface) programming.
The Automation Controls Engineer Intern will be exposed to a variety of instrumentation such as temperature sensors, flow meters, and level indicators.
They will also work with a variety of process equipment including motors, drives, temperature, position, speed controls, and state of the art compacting presses.
They will have the opportunity to be involved in automotive safety.
They will have a desire and ability to learn Controls Engineering concepts and methodology.
Qualifications: To qualify for our Automation Controls Engineering Internship, you must have:
• Must be a junior or a senior in college.
• Must currently be enrolled in college and seeking an Engineering and or Engineering Technician, or Computer Science related Degree.
• Basic knowledge and abilities using Python (Ignition Application) and databases. DB2, Oracle, SQL Server
• Must be able to work well with others and engaging in root cause problem solving.
• Must be able to cultivate Innovation and make sound decisions, while driving collaboration.