Autoliv, Inc., a world leader in development and manufacture of automotive safety products is currently accepting resumes for an environmental engineer intern at the Autoliv Promontory Facility in Promontory, UT.
• Assist or lead environmental compliance activities.
• Minimize environmental incidents through implementation of proactive and innovative programs. Develops data tracking mechanisms and maintains data to keep the facility’s visual environmental management programs current.
• Works with plant management on proactive and reactive environmental initiatives.
• Works closely together with plant, operations and facility managers to actively identify, control, minimize, mitigate and/or remove environmental risks in site’s day to day operations.
Providing education regarding recycling programs and environmental initiatives to guests and employees on a regular basis.
• Participate in and facilitate environmental audits, front-end process engineering events focusing on risk assessment, evaluation of new processes, and review of facility layouts for potential issues.
• Assist in industrial hygiene activities including but not limited to noise, hazardous material sampling, Safety Data Sheet (SDS) review and PPE assessments, etc. Design and recommend improvements to process to reduce emissions or discharges.
• Working with other departments to build and maintain cohesive working relationships. • Must be able to work independently and prioritize workload successfully.
• Must be able to provide exceptional internal and external customer service.
• Strong work ethic - required.
• Assisting in coordinating and the waste recycling programs.
Minimum Education Requirements:
• Must be currently junior or a senior in college.
• Must be pursuing an Environmental/Safety degree