Autoliv is currently looking to fill the role of a Project Manager focusing on Driver Airbag and Steering Wheel business at its Technical Center in Auburn Hills, MI. The role entails directing all phases of program development by leading cross-functional teams while working with multiple departments within Autoliv and multiple customers. Applicant should be a self-directed, result-oriented professional willing to deliver results while meeting sales and project deadlines. Applicant should possess a strong attention to detail and desire to work in a demanding, fast-paced work environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead cross functional teams in the successful execution of GM Business Unit projects utilizing Autoliv development processes
- Cross-functional team leader-member supporting all applicable internal departments including engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, quality, program management and suppliers to ensure a successful program launch
- Responsible for providing voice of Autoliv North America division into global project teams to ensure productive global teamwork leading to positive results for Autoliv globally and locally
- Responsible for project costs, schedule, deliverables, and product performance
- Manage the direct communication and interaction with all Autoliv project members in both technical centers and manufacturing facilities in United States and Mexico
- Responsible for direct communication and interaction with customer for project related matters
- Support Business Unit strategies to leverage Autoliv Driver Airbag and Steering Wheel and other technology, methods, and best practices to differentiate our products based on performance
- Support Commercial team in PSC process and quoting new business
- Prepare and develop/support technical and timing presentations for new quotes, Design Reviews, Tollgates and Line Design Workshops
- Coordinate project execution in accordance with the Autoliv Product Development System (APDS) to meet all critical internal and customer and manufacturing milestones
- Support customer engineering and manufacturing plants as required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or Business is required along with a minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Project Manager within Automotive.
- Proven ability to lead and manage program teams and activities
- Ability to manage Customer relationships as they relate to program status
- Results-oriented with the ability to support cross-functional local and global teams
- Detailed-oriented with the capability to dig into data and prioritize tasks and decisions in a timely manner
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills plus proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must have ability and willingness to travel nationally and/or internationally
- Steering Wheel and/or Driver Airbag experience is strongly preferred