Position Summary: Experienced Mechanical Engineer with Thermal/Fluids Modeling and Programming Emphasis
- Provides numerical modeling of airbag inflator performance by applying tuning techniques using Autoliv ballistic code software to match inflator test performances.
- Computer script creation for the accomplishment of routine and new engineering functions.
- Modern Fortran engineering code maintenance
- Contribute to advanced feasibility studies in conjunction with the advanced engineering team.
- Communicate with customers and suppliers to complete assignments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Website management using SharePoint
- Initiate and participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Exhibit proactive safety behavior.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- M.S. or PhD Mechanical Engineer with high interest in Physics, Math, and Computer Science
- Greater than 5 years of experience
- Computer code writing skills and emphasis in this area (by order of preference: Scilab, Fortran, Python, Matlab, C++)
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, Power Point, SharePoint
- Have good listening skills and the ability to work independently.
- Self-motivated candidate is a must
Effective Jan 21st 2022, this position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus.