Autoliv ASP, Inc., a world leader in the development and manufacture of automotive safety systems (airbags, seatbelts, etc.) is currently accepting applications for a Health, Safety & Environmental Engineer to work at our PRO, Promontory, Utah facility.
Job Duties Include:
- Provides HS&E assistance, training, and resources to customers, associates, legal, engineering, and management as needed (i.e., anticipation, recognition, evaluation, control, and minimization of environmental impact and occupational injury or disease conditions).
- Develops data tracking mechanisms and maintains data to keep the facility’s visual health and safety management programs current.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and SharePoint, etc.
- Conducts process hazard and risk assessments (PHA’s), machine guarding, ergonomic and other assessments to make recommendations for corrective actions to control and/or mitigate risk.
- Works closely together with plant, operations and facility managers to actively identify, control, minimize, mitigate and/or remove risks in site’s day-to-day operations.
- Responsible for managing the facility’s Workers Compensation, Return to Work and Modified Duty programs.
- Determines OSHA recordability and maintains the facility’s OSHA required documents, i.e. 300, 300A and 301
- Participates in and facilitate HS&E audits, front-end process engineering events focusing on risk assessment, evaluation of new processes, and review of facility layouts for potential HS&E issues.
- Support industrial hygiene activities including but not limited to noise, hazardous material sampling, Safety Data Sheet (SDS) review and PPE assessments, etc. Assists with Industrial Hygiene Sampling.
- Develops customized HS&E communications for the facility (e.g., Newsletters, Safety Alerts, etc.).
- Serves as Health and Safety Management System (HSMS) Coordinator.
- Conducts Machine Build by offs and assist with line designs.
- Travels when necessary to other facilities to audit, train, and assist in HS&E functions.
- Participates in Environmental Management System (e.g., ISO 14001).
- Degree or pursuing a degree in Health, Safety, Environmental Engineering, Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene and/or related field experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and collaborate with various levels of operating to identify and mitigate actual or potential safety risks.
- Able to work closely with other operational personnel to solve problems, improve operations, and achieve 100% compliance.