Autoliv is currently looking to fill the role of a Project Manager, focusing on our Seatbelt/ Driver Airbag and Steering Wheel business at its Technical Center in Auburn Hills, MI. The role entails directing all phases of program development by leading cross-functional teams while working with multiple departments within Autoliv and multiple customers. Applicant should be a self-directed, result-oriented professional willing to deliver results while meeting sales and project deadlines. Other duties/responsibilities of the role include but not limited to:
- To lead cross functional teams in the successful execution of Mobility Safety Solutions (MSS) Business Unit projects utilizing Autoliv development processes.
- Responsible for providing voice of Autoliv North America division into global project teams to ensure productive global teamwork leading to positive results for Autoliv globally and locally.
- Responsible for project costs, schedule, deliverables, and product performance.
- Manage the direct communication and interaction with all Autoliv project members in both technical centers and manufacturing facilities in United States and Mexico.
- Responsible for direct communication and interaction with customer for project related matters.
- Support Business Unit strategies to leverage Autoliv Seatbelt, Driver Airbag, Steering Wheel and other technology, methods, and best practices to differentiate our products based on performance.
- Support sales of new business
- Attend exhibits/conferences
A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or Business, along with a minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Project Manager within Automotive is required.
Other desired characteristics are:
- Proven ability to lead and manage program teams and activities.
- Ability to manage Customer relationships as they relate to program status.
- Results-oriented with the ability to support cross-functional local and global teams.
- Detailed-oriented with the capability to dig into data and prioritize tasks and decisions in a timely manner.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills plus, proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must have ability and willingness to travel nationally and/or internationally, as required.
- Seatbelt, Airbag and/or Steering Wheel experience is strongly preferred.