Autoliv, Inc., a world leader in development and manufacture of automotive safety is currently accepting resumes for a Process Engineer to provide hands on experience and support in the manufacturing environment at the Autoliv Pyrotechnic Processing Facility in Promontory, Utah. This Facility makes propellants for automotive airbags.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Provides engineering support for powder processing equipment such as hoppers, dryers, tablet presses, filters, blenders, mixers, mills and sieves.
- Services, troubleshoots and solves production process/equipment problems.
- Conducts tests and measurements throughout the various stages of production to determine control over variables.
- Manages projects for renovating or upgrading facilities and processes to increase efficiency, reliability, and capacity.
- Establishes and submits processing requirements to be met in designing and acquiring processing equipment.
- Identifies automation opportunities and implements robotic solutions
- Collaborates with other engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Ensures that corrective actions meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
- Knowledge of control systems preferred.
- Understands DOE and SPC concepts.
- Provides feedback/recommendations to leadership as appropriate.
- Pyrotechnic processing and/or powder processing experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with Fanuc robots a plus.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Minitab (or other statistical software), MS Office, and MS Project
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and familiarity with 8D.
- Must have integrity (accountability, keep commitments, etc.) and produce quality results.
Must have ability to lift 40 lbs. Must be able to climb ladders to access remote parts of buildings and processes
- Must have working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing methods and familiarity with Leading2Lean or equivalent.
- Must have basic knowledge of PLC’s.
- Strong electrical troubleshooting skills
According to the Safe Explosives Act of 2002, it is unlawful for certain persons to ship, transport, receive, or possess explosive materials. Therefore, you will be required to be a US Citizen or a lawful permanent resident.
Effective November 11th 2021, This position is eligible for the employee referral bonus.